invalid domain (with kmail)

So, I'm trying to send email to a domain that uses exim with kmail, and it
consistenly rejects my email saying that david@dbishop is an invalid domain.
Since this is the only email address that I have this problem with, I assume
they turned on some sort of spam protection that looks at an X-header of the
email to determine that (suprise, suprise!) my domain isn't "real".  Well,
I'm not going to change my whole hostname setup for a single email app
(sorry), so I'm wondering if I can change something else.  I'm using exim
myself as my smtp server (localhost) so I was wondering what I have to do to
make this work.  Edit my exim config to "spoof" a valid domain?  Edit my
kmail config to do the same?  Something else?  I'm kinda lost here....

Oh, and the reason that I'm sending this to debian-kde is that I didn't ever
get this problem with my previous mailer (pronto), and I'm running debian.
So, that leads me to suspect it is either a kde issue, or a debian-packaging
of a kde issue (like the whole authenticating proxy thing, or the internet
keywork search saying invalid url).  Just to clarify :-)

TIA,

D.A.Bishop