Re: Upgraded kdm - lost locale

Dne út 13. březen 2001 14:27 Thibaut Cousin napsal(a):
> Le Mardi 13 Mars 2001 14:26, Perttu Muurimäki a écrit :
> > I upgraded my Potato to the latest kdm this weekend. Everything works
> > fine (got the "Login failed"-thing cured) except for some reason my
> > /etc/environment gets read but not implemented. I suspected it to be a
> > PAM-related problem but there's nothing in /etc/security/pam_env that is
> > not commented out. Further more, in /etc/pam.d/kde there's no env-clause.
> > I tried to add LANG=fi_FI in xdm-config (Display....exportList) but that
> > don't work either.

I've mailed about this issue to Ivan last year, but got no response (didnt
know about this list). I've solved this by adding export LANG=czech to
/usr/bin/kde2, but that's not elegant :-)

>   Hum... I have the same problem (with fr_FR), but it is not new. Maybe
> someone can explain this to me : in KDE1, all applications knew my locale
> settings from /etc/environment, even Gtk-based apps (Gimp in particular).
> But since KDE2, I can put whatever I want in /etc/environment, ~/.xinitc,
> ~/.xsession or ~/.Xclients, it isn't taken into account and I get non-KDE
> only in english.
>   Of course if I start them from the command line in konsole, they respect
> my locales correctly...
>   My /etc/environment is :
>
> 	LANG=fr_FR
> 	LANGUAGE=fr_FR
> 	LC_ALL=fr_FR

LANGUAGE and LC_ALL are set by LANG, so LANGUAGE and LC_ALL are not needed.
(check with /usr/bin/locale)

--

   Vaclav Hula
   vaclav.hula@capitol.cz