Strange kde 2.1 behaviour

Hi,

I was running the qt-2.3-final debs with the according kdelibs-2.1.0-3 for
some time, without any problem, but after a XFree4 server crash I cannot
manage to start kde anymore. All I get is a grey background, because all
applications are dying during startup.
If I start the crashing apps by hand from a tty, everything is fine and works
as usual.

Here is what I tried to get it running, but without success:
I deleted the .kde, .kderc .DCOPserver* .MCOP* and the /tmp/*
files, also the hidden ones.
It didn't help, so I thought maybe a upgrade will help and did a dist-upgrade
today, deleted the files and directories again and no effect on startup.
I even did a reinstall of the qt-2.3-final libs, because of a bug report at
bugs.kde.org which suggested broken qt-libs, again with no effect.
Any clues?
My kernel is version 2.4.2 with reiserfs (a manual filesystem check said no
errors)

Here is the output of .xsession-errors:
I've found similiar bug reports on bugs.kde.org, but none had a solution which
worked.

WARNING: library=artswrapper.la: No file names artswrapper.la found in paths.
_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 6 and type read
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kwin path = <unknown>
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kdesktop path = <unknown>
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3458' to 'kdesktop'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kicker path = <unknown>
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3461' to 'kicker'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = khotkeys path = <unknown>
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kwrited path = <unknown>
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = klipper path = <unknown>
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3467' to 'kwrited'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3466' to 'khotkeys'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-3464' to 'klipper'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 7 object references alive.
  - Arts::Synth_MULTI_ADD
  - Arts::Synth_MULTI_ADD
  - Arts::Synth_PLAY
  - Arts::StereoEffectStack
  - Arts::Synth_BUS_DOWNLINK
  - Arts::SoundServer
  - Arts::MidiManager
warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 41 types alive.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1