Re: KDE and testing

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 05:54:16PM +0100, Thibaut Cousin wrote:
>   Ivan, you told us one or two days ago that those using testing should take
> the KDE packages for woody, not those for potato.
>   You mean, take them from the package pool ?
>   The problem if I do that is that I have to point to unstable instead of
> testing... is there another place I can make apt-get point to ? Testing is OK
> for me, but I don't want unstable.

I mean take them however you feel comfortable taking them.  The latest
version of apt allows one to have multiple apt lines and pull from specific
pools...

aptget install kdebase/unstable

for example...(not sure if that's the exact command line...)

so that's one option,the other is to go and download the packages directly
out of the pool...my personal favorite is to run unstable..as it's far better
than testing.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II