Re: https support in java (blackdown) for konqueror

Am Thursday 08 March 2001 11:16 schrieb Serge Robyns:
> I installed the jsse as explianed above and it seems to help.
> Although I'm getting a different error message than before, I believe the
> new message is caused by the software from the site.
>
> Java VM version: 1.3.0
> Java VM vendor:  Blackdown Java-Linux Team
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: fortisbank/install/Installer (Local variable
> name has bad constant pool index) at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)
> 	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
> 	at
> org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.j
>ava:289) at
> org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.j
>ava:335) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$1.run(KJASAppletStub.java:82)

Bad...
I think this is a difference between java 1.1 and 1.2/1.3. I've had the same
messages with sun 1.3.0, blackdown 1.3.0 and sun 1.3.1 beta1 on some applets
with konqueror AND mozilla 0.8, so this seems to be a problem in the java
.class files of the applet.
The only way to fix this is to force Sun to get compatible with netscape's
jvm (which will not happen) or to force your bank to make the applet work
with netscape6/mozilla/konqueror.
(The online banking applet of my bank doesn't work because of java
compatibility issues, too)
Java: Compile once for every java release or struggle everywhere...

--
wfg,
chris