Konqueror Slowness and Bookmarks.xml Size

When I first installed Debian and apt-getted KDE, I was impressed with the
speed of the applications especially Konqueror.

That is the past.  I have been noticing that Konqueror has been opening
slower and slower almost every day.  I'm a major bookmark hounde and my
bookmark file is now about 950K in size, and I think that this is the cause.

Can anyone comment on this?  Netscape doesn't slow down noticeably despite
bookmark file size.  Why does Konqueror?
--
Robert Tilley
tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com