Re: German Keyboard layout without deadkeys?

On Tuesday 06 March 2001 10:38, AUBORD Alain wrote:
> On  5-Mar-01 at 11:29, Frank Mehnert (fm3@os.inf.tu-dresden.de) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is a German Keyboard layout without deadkeys available in KDE2.1 potato?
>
> I get similar problem with swiss-french keyboard. I was not able to do what
> I want with the new tools (xkb, Xfree config). I have changed the keyboard
> with the "xmodmap" utility. Now it works well.

Aha! That's my failure. I thought that KDE changes the keyboard settings
itself, but it's an X setting. Since I'm using XFree86 4.0.2 (on potato),
the right entry in /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 is

  Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
  Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"

Thanks for your tip.

Greetings,

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##