assertion failure with new KDE packages?

Hi, Debian/KDE folks,

I just did a dselect update/install on my machine, which is running potato
plus several extra apt sources.  Here is my sources.list; note especially
the XFree86 4.02 packages and the 2.4 kernel support packages:

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security potato/updates main contrib non-free
deb ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde potato main crypto optional
deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian woody main
deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
deb http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ xf402_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ xf402_potato/all/
deb http://www.winehq.com/~ovek/ stable/

Updated KDE packages were downloaded and unpacked.  However, the configure
step failed with the following assertion:

dpkg: /home/wichert/debian/dpkg-1.6.15/main/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.

The following packages are left in a "broken" state:
kview, kdebase-libs, kdelibs3, libkmid, libkonq3, libqt2-gl, libqt2.2-gl,
kdelibs3-crypto, konqueror, kdebase, kdm, konsole

This is reproducible: "apt-get install -f" produces the same message, as does
purging and reinstalling the broken packages.  KDE sort of works, but funny
things happen (Konqueror as a Web browser crashes on startup for instance,
though its file manager function works).

Is this peculiar to my installation, and is there a reasonable workaround?
Thanks in advance for your help,

-- Fred Gray