Re: Konsole & AA fonts

>  > I think half the problem here is that X cannot provide a good
>  > default XftConfig since it depends on what Type1/TT fonts you have
>  > installed, and there's no guarantee that any two users have any two
>  > such fonts in common.
>
> but it is possible to do other neat things.  Debian could come up with
> a policy for where system and user-provided TrueType fonts go, and
> then include those two lines in the config file.

Even so, to make KDE work with fixed-width AA fonts you need to supply a
preferred fixed-width font in the XftConfig file (which will then be used
with konsole, etc.).  This is what I believe is more difficult; I don't see
that we can really require that every user has the M$ font Courier New, or
Andale Mono or whatever.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton (benb@acm.org)
http://baasil.humbug.org.au/bab/

Director of Training
Australian Informatics Olympiad Committee

Twenty years of romance makes a woman look like a ruin: but twenty years
of marriage make her something like a public building.
	- Oscar Wilde