Re: kde2.1 potato - arts package is broken, asks for uninstalable packages

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. As I said, I am new to Debian and the apt system. I think I've got the KDE installation going now. The problem was (I think) that I was commenting out the normal lines in sources.list before adding the kde source line. When I finally tried leaving the existing lines and just adding the kde source, things started working better.

Thanks again.