Re: KDE and debian packages.

As for kmenuedit: There is a known, but yet unfixed bug you can ship
around, so we should be patient:

 >> > doesn't seem to load anything.
 >> > for errors?
 >>
 >> The same happens with me, and I'm using
 >> potato+KDE2.1-final and just did an apt-get update and
 >> dist-upgrade to be sure it's updated.
 >>
 >> This is the message that appears when I run
 >> kmenuedit
 >> from the console:
 >> "kmenuedit: error in loading shared libraries:
 >> kmenuedit.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
 >> file or directory"

 Ivan> potato is not fixed.  Again I'm a bit busy with other things than to deal
 Ivan> with potato right now.  If you have to have the menu editor then install
 Ivan> kdebase-dev.
=======^^^^^^^^^^^

 >> try to install the meta-package
 >> task-kde

 Patrick> I did that... over and over again.... uninstalled (purged) reinstalled.
 Patrick> it just don't do the trick... kmenuedit is still unavailable...
 Patrick> something about shared libraries...

 Patrick> but if you install kdebase, i suppose it installs the nessecary programs also
 Patrick> ???

 Patrick> well i guess not !!! even not without that qt1apps etc....

 Patrick> the kdebase package is buggy, the problem with kmenuedit IS NOT FIXED !
 Patrick> or there must be some other dependencies or kinda problems.

 Patrick> While Ivan said it was fixed ???

 Patrick> well if i do a dpkg --purge kdebase
 Patrick> and after that
 Patrick> apt-get install kdebase
 Patrick> and like Ivan said the problem was fixed,
 Patrick> then i suppose that when you reinstall (apt-get install kdebase)
 Patrick> that the problem is fixed ??? or am i stupid ?

 Patrick> It just do not works !

 Patrick> It drives me nuts :-)

 Patrick> Greetings

 Patrick> Patrick