Re: kde2.1 potato - arts package is broken, asks for uninstalable packages

>  > > not to belittle the work that Ivan is doing, but I would like to
>  > > doublecheck my sources.list file with the group.
>  >
>  > why would you belittle the work I've done?
>
> I was thinking that I should have a tydc.com line in my sources.list
> file, but you are building everything KDE, right?

ahh...yea...I'm doing the core KDE apps (plus a few others) - (currently)

>  > > The only tdyc line that I have is commented out, and I am running
>  > >
>  > > biffhero-laptop:~# cat /etc/debian_version
>  > > testing/unstable
>  >
>  > which would be correct as KDE is in unstable already.
>
> I thought that was the case.  I don't keep the debian versions
> straight in my head, just something like scary, kinda safe, and
> steady-goes-the-ship.  This whole name-change game every n months I
> haven't kept up with.

hehe...welp...we should be slowing down now..heading towards the Debian
freeze...If things go right KDE 2.2 won't be in woody.  :)  Wishfull
thinking probably...2.2 is scheduled currently for a June 4th release (IIRC).
2.1.1 is due out in a few weeks...of which we are semi-current with it...
So from now until release it's get KDE as stable and bug free as we possibly
can...with goal #1 being get it into testing.  QT *should* be in testing in
a couple weeks...KDE will be further down the road as we are still haveing
problems on alpha. But we are getting closer.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II