Re: kde2.1 potato - arts package is broken, asks for uninstalable packages

OK folks, what am I missing here? (Plenty, I'm sure)

I've just installed 2.2r2. My first experience with Debian.

I've done apt-get dist-upgrade. I'm using the default stable sites in sources.list.

I want to install KDE 2.1. It's not found on the default stable sites.

When I put a different recommended site, ftp://kde.tdyc.com/debian, into the sources.list, and run apt-get update, then apt-get install kdebase task-kfe, I get a long list of unmet dependencies.

I would sure like to get KDE 2.1 on my system, but (as you can probably tell) am not capable of compiling it or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated. Just tell me what to read.