KDE applications won't start since upgrade to 2.1-final-1

I'm don't normally run KWM (although I've tried, and it won't run
either).  I'm using Sid on i386, and I just upgraded to 2.1-final-1
using dpkg manually on .debs downloaded by http & ftp.

Whenever I try to start, say konqueror, I get the message:

konqueror: error while loading shared libraries:/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol: getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1

This seems to apply to all KDE apps.  I've tried purging and
reinstalling, and it didn't help (although I could have missed
something).