Re: New KDE Packages

Title: Re: New KDE Packages
> > > I'm trying to update my kde (to 2.1) for my potato, but it seems
that
> > > most packages cannot be installed.
> > >
> > > apt-get update
> > > apt-get upgrade
> > > give me:
> > >
> > > The following packages have been kept back
> > >   abbrowser ark kab karm kcalc kcharselect kcron kdebase
kdebase-libs
> > > kdelibs3 kdepasswd kdm kedit keystone kfind kfloppy kghostview
> > > khexedit kit kjots knotes konqueror konsole korganizer kpackage
kpm
> > > ksysctrl ksysv ktalkd ktimemon kuser kview libkonq3
libminimagick5
> > > libqt2.2 secpolicy 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to
> > > remove and 36 not upgraded. Need to get 3840kB of archives. After
> > > unpacking 65.5kB will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> >
> > I got the same thing, so I tried apt-get dist-upgrade.  That
downloaded
> > about 30 megs of stuff, starting with abbrowser and going right
down
> > the alphabetical list of kde packages.

I am about to fire up KDE in a new virgin install of Stormix on a dedicated box ... I plan to immediately

upgrade to KDE2.

30 megs is not a pretty thought since I am lucky to connect at 28.8 here in bad-copper-wire-country,

rural Central Florida. What file should I have a friend download to a CD, and from where, which I may

then run apt-get dist-upgrade on and have KDE2, please?

Thanks! Doc