Re: Bug in konqueror's address toolbar?

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 04:43, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
> I am using KDE 2.1 + potato and I have experienced the following
> problem with Konqueror:
>
>  If I type in an URL in the address toolbar, Konqueror goes to the
> URL and renders its content. Now, if I add a subdirectory, and type
> RETURN, Konqueror keeps going to the first page and clears from the
> URL I type the added subdirectory.
>
> Example:
> I type www.kde.org . Konqueror goes to www.kde.org and renders its
> contents Then I type www.kde.org/announcements , and konqueror
> clears the toolbar and shows www.kde.org. again.
>
>  This same behaviour repeats if I cut the URL with the mouse and
> type in a new URL. However if I clear the address toolbar with the
> black arrow with the white cross inside I may type in a new URL and
> Konqueror goes to that URL and renders its content.
>
>  I have filed a bug report to kde. Does anybody else have this same
> problem?

I was writing the following before I got to read your post, which
sounds similar. My problem concerns local files. But I am adding this
to your thread.

There seems to be something wrong with Konqueror 2.1's popup url
completion. This is one of the options on the context menu (submenu
Completion) that appears when you right click on the text entry field
in the Location Toolbar. Other options are automatic, semi-automatic,
none and manual.

Under popup completion if I tab at a url, a list of possible files,
folders or webpages pops up. I can then continuing tabbing until i
reach the item I want. This is quite similar to bash's own name
completion feature.

Let's say I want to go to the folder "/home/penguin/infobank/http".
Beginning at the folder "/home/penguin/", I press "i" and a list that
includes "/home/penguin/infobank/" pops up. I tab to select
"/home/penguin/infobank/". I further type "h" and soon I get
"/home/penguin/infobank/http". I press enter and I'm finally taken to
the folder http.That's the predictable part.

However when I delete back the "http" and press enter, instead of
taking me to the parent directory "home/penguin/infobank/", konqueror
dumps me back in "/home/penguin/infobank/http." In fact, I can't
access any other subfolder of penguin without pressing the X button
in the toolbar (thereby starting afresh).

This was not the way konqueror behaved in beta 2. Is this a bug or is
it just my machine?