Re: Libqt2 requirement does not get fullfilled: unstable

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:51:30PM +0100, Matthias Wieser wrote:

> I wanted to update to the final version of kde, but it got hold back
> because most of the packages have one dependency, that is not
> fullfilled.
>
> libqt2 can not be resolved - package does not seem to be available.
>
> I am using unstable and use the austrian mirror and the official server.
>
> Thank you for looking into things :-)

libqt2 is a new package, which replaces the libqt2.2 ones. New packages
must be treated manually by the debian ftp masters, where updated
versions of packages that are already in debian get updated
automatically. So, the updates for the kde-* packages got in unstable,
while libqt2 still sits in the incoming directory.

So, depending on the workload of the ftp masters, I guess libqt2 will be
in unstable today or tomorrow. If you want to try kde2.1 *NOW*, you can
grab the libqt2 and related packages from a mirror of debian's incoming
directory. You can find a link to it on the developer's corner on
www.debian.org.

However, keep in mind that you have to verify the gpg signature of
packages taken from incoming yourself, since it might not have been
uploaded by Ivan and might contain troyan code.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>