Re: Desktop disappears, everything else works

--------

This exact same thing happened to me this morning as well. I
use potato without the beta packages, and last night I did a
routine apt-get update/upgrade. Clearing things out of /tmp
as suggested did not work.

Also, the upgrade removed qps (which I use extensively)
due to dependency problems. KDE's port of qps does not
work properly... so does anybody know how I can get qps
reinstalled? Is it possible to have libqt2 (which qps
depends on) and libqt2.2 on the same machine? Or will qps
work with libqt2.2, in which case maybe it's dependencies
need to be revised?