Re: qt 2.3.0-beta1

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 12:13:57PM -0700, Bruce Sass wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > <...>
> > > anyways...potato users are out of luck on this...XFT support requires X4 so
> > > I won't be building packages for potato.
> >
> > Does this mean Potato users will not get a KDE2.1final because it
> > will want qt2-2.3, which will not be available for Potato because it
> > can use XF4 features and XF4 is not in Potato?
> >

> no.  KDE 2.1-final requires QT 2.2.3 or greater (IIRC)...Rick and I have build
> QT 2.2.4 packages for i386,powerpc,and sparc so we are covered.
>
> Due to the timing of qt 2.3.0-beta1's release I have chosen not to delay
> the release of 2.1-final packages for potato by starting over.  We've already
> had to do that a couple times due to upstream issues...  I may release
> a 2.3.0-beta1 package (without xft support) later on...

Great, thanks for thinking of us.

<whine>
OT - I'm not sure I like these accelerated development cycles...
I seem to be spending too much time wondering what the latest changes
are and which version would be best to develop with, instead of
thinking about the code I'm working on. <sigh>
</whine>

- Bruce