Re: Konqueror unstable for nfs-mounted /home ?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Robert Guthrie wrote:

> The only big variable here is that at home I have a separate box
> where my home directory is an nfs share.  Is there some kind of
> locking problem with konqueror, related to how nfs works?  Maybe
> because of non-optimal nfs setup?

I've tried this with 2.0.1 on an nfs mounted home: no problem. Maybe it's
in the kernel: 2.2.18 has relatively decent nfs support, but for
all kernels before that one it was very slow for me and I needed to
apply special patches. These patches are integrated in kernel
2.2.18. 2.4.x should be fine too, but I haven't tested it in combination
with nfs.

Bart