Re: kde not in testing

> > it is NOT becuase of it being updated so often.  The problem has
> > been that it is not built for the alpha due to problems with that
> > port.  Once that is solved it will go into testing.
>
> 	Ok, excuse my ignorance here, but is it "close" to being
> 	solved or is development on alpha stalled? I'm completely
> 	ignorant of the status of other platforms (I use ia32
> 	exclusively), but I'd love to know when we may have KDE 2
> 	entering testing... BTW, the only two reasons why I'm still
> 	using potato is:

not sure.  I'm still waiting for word back from the alpha guy I've been
dealing with on this problem.  It's becoming more of a hot topic as we now
have some plan for woody's release.  Alpha seems to be the only platform
QT is having problems on WRT Debian.  We know that newer versions of gcc/g++
build it properly, but those versions are experimental and have other drawbacks.
So it's a matter of getting the right fixes into the stable version of gcc/g++

This is at least my understanding of the whole situation.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II