Re: Attachments

On Friday 16 February 2001 13:47, csj wrote something to this effect:
> On Saturday 17 February 2001 02:19, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:
> > Hello Good People,
> >
> > 	I'm new to this mail-list (Thanks to Ivan!) and would like to
> > search the lists archive. Is there an archive? and where is it
> > located.
> >
> > 	I'm running SID, with KMail 1.2 (Using KDE 2.1 post Beat 2
> > (>=20010128)) and suddenly I find that I can not save attachments.
> > The only options that I'm offered after right clicking on an
> > attachment are:
> > 1. OPEN URL
> > 2. COPY TO CLIPBOARD
> >
> > 	Which is an oddity. Since my first use of KMail I've been
> > delighted with the simplicity, directness, and power. This program
> > has worked flawlessly ('cept for a tad when the TAB key would
> > 'tweak' the font/printing) and I've ALWAYS been able to save
> > attachments without a problem.
> >
> > 	What directory are the attachments saved in?
> > 	What permissions should that directory have?
> >
> > 	Any enlightenment would be highly appreciated.
>
> What window manager/desktop environment are you using? This has been
> a problem for me when I used gnome/sawfish. Not when I started using
> kde proper. Hmmmm.
>
> I also did apt-get task-kde.
>
> Just guessing but hope this helps.
[...]
	Okay, my world has been shaken. (why is it ALWAYS the 'simple shit' that
kicks my butt in Linux) :--)

vi .xsession
#blackbox
kde2

	and magic. I can again save/veiw/etc the attachments. Now the question
arises, will I EVER be able to use bb again as my perferred desktop and have
the ability to save/view/open/etc while using kmail?
	This program has been a god-send to me in the Linux GUI enviorn! I've
brought more users of "The Unnamed One" over to this O/S with the tools,
packages, variety, that exist here. And kmail has ALWAYS been "a keeper". But
now.....    :--)
	You folks get the idea, I'm sure. Can I/is there a way/would it be too hard
to code so that I can have my kmail back? (pretty please!)

	csj, Thank You for the "heads up" on testing this WITHIN KDE. Never even
occured to me to try it.

	Have a great weekend!!

> --

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-