Re: HOWTO make debs out of kde source packages

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:

> Could someone give me some gidelines on how to get going with this? is there a HOWTO anywhere?
> Ivan, I know a little push from you will get me going a long way ahead ;-)

Ivan has started on a Debian-KDE devel page...

	http://kde.tdyc.com/develop.html

...and provided a set of templates with debian/rules and
debian/debianrules (to do dome KDE specific stuff) scripts...

	ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde/kde.debian.tgz

...I was playing around with dh_make and came up with wishlist #81120,
which will let you apply a template over top of an already Debianized
source tree, or use a custom template to do the Debianization.

	mailto:request@bugs.debian.org

with:	send 81120
	stop

in the body, will get you the relevent text.
If you do play with the extension to dh_make...
be prepared to delve into how dh_make works, and checkout the stuff in
/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/*.

- Bruce