Problems with pdf files

Help!  I am deperate.  I use to be able to use acroread from adobe with netscape.  Now for some reason it keeps trying to open kghostview.  That will not view the file I need to view.  I need my acroread back.  Now to let you know what I have done to try to get it back.

I went into the preferences file accociations and removed kghostview from the pdf discription.

I reinstalled acroread first by deb and then by going out to the adobe site and getting the reader from there.  It still tryes to pull up the kghostview.

When I go into about plugins and look at the acroreader plugin and it says it is not inabled.  Why is it not inabled and how do I get my acroread back again?

Thanks

--
Brian Schramm
http://www.linuxexpert.org