Rendering a different charset with kmail and konqueror

 I have set up KDE to display spanish, which uses UTF-8 as default charset.
This works fine. I have setup kmail to use iso8859-1 as the default charset
when composing new messages, this also works fine. If I try to use UTF-8
with kmail, I get big boldface and horrible characters. (I could send this
message in this way but you would hate me).

 This also happens with konqueror. You may try to see any HTML page changing
before:
Options -> Configure Konqueror -> Konqueror Browser -> Appearence -> Default
encoding: UTF-8

 I noticed this for the first time when I received messages coded with
iso8859-2. The characters are bold and huge.

Am I missing any font or is this a bug I should submit to KDE?

Pablo de Vicente