Re: Re: Compiling KDE from CVS, but keeping Debianized packages?

Hello,

forgive me my newby-questions, but I'll have a couple of more small Q's and before starting long compiles with potentially results that I don't want, I'd like to double-check a couple of things.

- How are the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS set? For debug level, optimization leve, target CPU, etc? Do I just set them on the command line before starting to make the debian/rules?

- How do I enable debugging-information in the files? By setting CXXFLAGS as above, or by a different magic?

- To prevent binaries from being stripped, I just remove the lines "dh_strip" from the debian/rules files?

- To build kdelibs/kdebase with SSL, what do I do? Will kdelibs-crypto and kdebase-crypto automatically be built with the rest, or is special action required?  Or could I just remove the lines "--without-ssl" from the configure-line in the debian/rules?

I think those are the questions I wanted to ask, thanks in advance for answers!

--Tim :-)