Re: Kdm broke after recent update

> I use kdm for a screensaver/locker and to allow easy access to both kde
> and gnome.  This week I got a update when using deselect that broke kdm
> on 2 machines.  The first problem was show-only selected users started
> showing all available users instead of selected users.  I used the KDE
> control panel to set it up.  To fix this problem I moved all users not
> wanted to the 3rd never show list.

known.

> The 2nd problem is when logging out
> to reboot or shutdown kdm exits but the user is then left at the
> console.  The machine never boots or shutsdown.  Does anyone know how to
> fix this?

yes...upgrade. :)

now...I'm tired so I can't remember if fixes for these (all of them) have
been uploaded...especially since you didn't state if you were using potato
or woody)...however woody packages that I know for sure fix these will be
sitting in incoming in upcoming hours...

depending on how the potato users want me to handle 2.1 packages will determine
when I have new kdm packages avail.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II