shared lib problem

Hi,

I'm getting this error from kwm, and something similar from kde2.

/usr/bin/kdesktop: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined symbol:
getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1

/usr/bin/kwin: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3:
undefined symbol: getButtonShift__14QPlatinumStyleRiT1

I tried doing a clean apt-get task-kde this morning hoping to fix this but
still had the same errors. Is it possible I have a bad config file? I'm not
sure where to look next.

thanks,
aaron