Re: shutdown/reboot does not work any more

> > could you please provide more info? add "-debug 1" behind the
> > "-nodaemon" and send me the generated syslog, please.
>
> -debug 1 does not provide more info. Just the same thing is logged.

it does ... or at least, it should ... the log goes to the syslog;
facility daemon; levels debug, info, warn and error, iirc. so you
should find _a lot_ of info in /var/log/daemon.log or something
similar. as already stated, i don't believe that the crash reason will
be obvious from the log, but who knows ...

> Only one observation: sometimes kdm not just hangs but restarts the
> X-server and hangs afterwards.

strange ... however, as the gui crashes, the result might be not that
defined ...

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.