Problem (and workaround) while upgrading to KDE 2.1 beta's

Good day,

I tried to upgrade to KDE 2.1 beta's and during the process, encountered the
following problem:

While configuring kdelibs3 the following message

	Post installation script returned error - exit status 1

That pretty much trashed the complete install process.

I had a look at the postinst script in the kdelibs3 deb, and saw that the
script was trying to copy files from the /usr/share/config directory. I have
this directory on my machine, but the directory was empty. I simply removed
this directory and did a dpkg --configure -a and problem was gone...

Install completed perfectly after the above was done. Now e-mailing the list
from a KDE 2.1 desktop.

--

Regards,

Brandon Beretta

brandon@smp.lec.net.au

GPG KeyID = 7D28EBA2
GPG Key fingerprint = 4FE4 C057 262C A09E 0C50  76F5 B932 8294 7D28 EBA2