Re: Problem with printing

On Saturday 09 December 2000 21:20, Brian Schramm wrote:
> I am using debian potato with kde 2.0.  I am wondering what I have to
> do in order to change the printer's paper defult to a realistic
> default of letter.  I know acourding to what I heard, kde 2 was
> supose to fix that but I do not see any way to set it.

Depends on what system you're using for printing.  Personally, I use
LPRNG, Magicfilter, and Ghostscript-Aladdin.  As such, the default
papersize is set in the /etc/magicfilter/printername-filter file on
the line where it calls ghostscript.

If you're using CUPS, I believe the defaults are set in your printer's
.PPD file, but I'm not sure.

--
Robert August Vincent, II (pronounced "bob" or "bob-vee")
bobv@pillars.net, geek@large.