Fwd: Re: reports

Oops, I guess these are supposed to go to the list??

----- Forwarded message from mattyt@oz.net -----
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:59:04 -0800 (PST)
From: mattyt@oz.net
Subject: Re: reports
To: "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@tdyc.com>

> > 1.)  Java and JavaScript don't work at all for me.
>
> did you turn it on?

Yep, they're both on, but nothing works.  I have tried Automatically Detect and
User Specified, with paths of /usr/lib/jdk1.1, /usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/jre and
/usr/bin/java which are all legitimate paths on my system.

> > 2.)  I have my own IMP webmail server where I do most of my email and
> yup..known problem...already submitted a bug report.

Cool, thanks.

> > 3.)  I have an account at msn.com where I am a member of a discussion
> message
> > board.  When I go to msn.com and click on People & Chat, I get a login
> > screen.  I type in my login name (my hotmail email address) and
> password, click
> > enter and it says "please enter your username", even though it's
> plainly entered
> > right there.  Perhaps this is a Microsoft specific oddity, but there
> you are.
>
> submit a bug on this please.

Will do.

> > 4.)  Konqueror doesn't hold its size after I exit.  It always comes
> back at the
> > same (rather wide) size no matter how I resize it before I exit.
>
> submit a bug report on this as well.

Well, that's what the buglists are for, eh?  I figured I'd search for this bug
at bugs.kde.org before reporting it and when I did I found that if one does
"Window -> Save view profile web browsing" it will save the size.  Seems a
little ponderous, but it works.

> > And, oh my, what happened to my fonts???  I just popped Konqueror open
> to make
> > sure that I was indeed having the same issues, and look:
> >
> > ftp://mattyt.net/pub/konq.gif
> >
> > Holy cats!  What's up with that?
>
> good question...I'm not seeing this behaviour on my side.  Maybe verify
> your language settings.
>
> Ivan

Well, under Settings -> Configure -> Browser -> Appearance, I have Charset:
iso8859-1 with the default fonts selected and under View -> Set Encoding, it is
set to 'Auto'.  The first line of the page source for www.msn.com/index.html
shows charset=utf-8, whereas under Netscape, the same page source shows
charset=iso-8859-1.  Even when I right click the page and Set Encoding manually
to iso 8859-1 and reload the page, the page source still shows charset=utf-8.
Hrmmmm.......

Should I submit a bug on this one, or is it my infamous computer curse at work
again?  I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone has said to me, "Wow, I've
never seen THAT before!"  Imagine that, a Network Admin with a computer curse.
Oh well.....

Matthew Thompson       https://mattyt.net/webmail
mattyt@oz.net          http://www.oz.net/~mattyt

----- End forwarded message -----