Re: Not a bug per se

> 	Long story short, I recently took GNOME off my system and
> 	went to a straight window manager, windowmaker, for when
> 	I do run X. Now I do have some k apps installed, which
> 	of course causes kdelibs3 etc.. to be on my system. I have
> 	noticed that most, if not all, of my k related debs have
> 	only one changelog (the changelog.Debian.gz one). My under-
> 	standing is that there should be two, one for upstream and one
> 	for the package itself, unless it is a native Debian package.

*If* there are upstream changelogs. For example..the Changelog for
kdelibs was last touched (or the last entry is dated) 1999-02-11.

there's no point in it being there if it's useless.

kdenetwork's is even worse... 1998-12-05.

> 	Maybe not too important but I am using knode for news, and
> 	the changelog refers to kdenetwork, so... I really have no
> 	idea of the status of the package itself.

All I can say is that I have not see (hardly) any changelog entries (todo's,
news, etc..) made in a LONG time. (years)...  It seems that this stuff is
either being discussed across the mailing lists or via web pages somewhere.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II