Our client, a profitable tier-one venture backed SaaS company, has exclusively engaged CareerEncore to conduct a search for a passionate Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join their growing Technical Operations team located just outside of Boston. The hire will help to bridge the gap between the middle and web application tiers within their high volume, highly available, high transaction customer-facing web environment.
If you are interested in solving very cool performance and optimization problems, this role may just be for you! If you'd like to learn more, please let me know a few days/times that work well for us to speak, along with the best number for me to reach you on. I will confirm back. If this role is not for you right now, please feel welcome to pass it along.
The full description can be reviewed below and at http://ow.ly/5GDTB
Job-1866 - Senior Systems Engineer (Linux, MySQL, Apache, Jboss)
Our client, a profitable tier-one venture backed SaaS organization, has exclusively engaged CareerEncore to conduct a search for a passionate Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join their growing SaaS Operations team. The hire will help to bridge the gap between the middle and web application tiers within their high volume, highly available, high transaction customer-facing web environment. If you are interested in solving very cool performance and optimization problems, this opportunity may just be for you!
• Responsible for maintaining our 24x7x365 Software-as-a-Service platform
• Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance
• Monitor systems and plan for future capacity and scaling
• Analyze project requirements and recommend system architectures for web applications and networking systems.
• Handle tier 2/3 trouble tickets for SaaS customers – this is NOT a tech support position
• Maintain and improve and implement backup strategies for our SaaS platform
• Create and maintain documentation on processes and procedures.
• Participate in an on-call rotation
• Implement key automation tools for streamlining workflow and systems management
• Work collaboratively with development, QA and other administrators to develop and implement improved deployment practices.
• Work with the Business Continuity Team to refine and test disaster recovery systems and procedures.
• 5+ years of UNIX/Linux(RHEL/OEL) systems administration in a 100+ server environment supporting highly available, customer-facing services
• Deep understanding of Linux internals, including kernel and tcp stack tuning
• Extensive experience with the following applications: MySQL 5. x, Apache 2.x and Jboss 4.x
• Proficient in at least one scripting language (perl, bash, ksh, Python)
• Experience scaling web applications in a highly available environment (OS, db, application and web tier clustering)
• Experience optimizing and tuning the Java Virtual Machine in a high volume production environment.
• Experience with SNMP monitoring using tools similar to Cacti, Nagios, or Groundwork
• In depth knowledge of iSCSI-based storage area networks
• Experience with virtualization technology (VMware) is desired
• Experience migrating from Windows to Linux platform highly desirable
• Solid understand of programming and software development to the level necessary to interface with and guide software development groups from a systems and infrastructure perspective
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, work independently, as well as positively participate on a team
• Experience supporting 24x7 critical systems in B2B and B2C
• Experience working in agile environment with frequent software releases is desired
About CareerEncore (http://www.careerencore.com):
CareerEncore is a premier recruiting firm that is driven by the passion to provide Greater Boston’s technology industry with exceptional talent. Our success comes from our dedication to building long-term relationships with both our clients and candidates. CareerEncore's commitment to understanding their true needs combined with our years in the high-tech, software, and internet markets, uniquely enables us to successfully match talent with opportunity. Our goal is to provide you with the very best recruiting experience!
Visit our website to view more of Boston’s best tech industry job opportunities: http://www.careerencore.com/jobs
Salary: Competitive, Location: Metro West Boston, MA
Go to Top
Respond to this Job by eMail Respond to this Job by Web Form