Re: Joining the Team

On 28/03/21 9:26 pm, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am part the FreedomBox team which works on making privacy respecting
> home servers easy to manage with Debian. We intend to provide Jitsi[3]
> for video conferencing in FreedomBox as part of our roadmap for this
> year[1]. I intend to join the Debian Java Packaging team. This is to
> package and maintain Jitsi Videobridge[2] as part of the team.
>
> Jitsi has a hard dependency on Kotlin as quite a bit of its code is
> written in Kotlin. I hope to assist with Kotlin packaging as well.
>
> I will send out a request on Salsa to join the team.
>
> Links:
>
> 1) https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Roadmap2021
>
> 2) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=757769
>
> 3) https://jitsi.org/

[...]

I have packaging for a few libraries ready[1] that can be moved under
sdo/java-team/ namespace and prepared for upload. I have requested to
join the java-team on salsa some time ago and the request is pending. It
would be nice of someone accepts the request so that I can start moving
repositories. So, this is a ping. Please let me know if I am doing this
join request wrong.

Links:

1) https://wiki.debian.org/Java/RequestedPackages/Jitsi

Thanks,