OpenJDK 8 archive re-entry

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 11:03:44PM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> > Le 24/03/2021 à 22:13, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> > > I can certainly bring it back to unstable, built with
> > > gcc 10, if there are no major issues involved in making
> > > it build with GCC 10, if there is interest.
> >
> > We are certainly doomed without openjdk-8 in unstable, we really need it
> > back.
>
> Okay. So, unless doko vetos (it was he who was the maintainer
> and he who requested the removal (to be able to remove GCC 9,
> which he is also maintainer of) but I would enter the d-java
> list as team maintainer, with myself as uploader for now) I’ll
> try to get it building with GCC 10 and upload that to unstable.

Hello mirabilos,

I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but have you had any feedback from
ftp-masters about openjdk-8? Thanks to Sunil for the major breakthrough,
we are now ready to [upload] kotlin which is now [blocked] on this.

[upload]: https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/kotlin/-/issues/11
[blocked]: https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/kotlin/-/issues/12