Re: New source package httpcomponents-client5

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 15.04.2021, 07:16 -0700 schrieb tony mancill:
[...]
> Hi Markus,
>
> No objections from me.  It's nice the artifactId is httpclient5, so we
> can name the JAR the same and the package should co-installable with the
> the 4.x series.  (I only checked the main JAR, hopefully that holds true
> for ancillary JARs as well.)

Thanks for your and Emmanuel's feedback. I have finished the packaging and just
uploaded the new httpcore5 and httpclient5 source packages to NEW.

The new artifacts are co-installable. I had to patch both packages because we
currently miss Conscrypt[1] and RxJava[2] in Debian. However both dependencies
were optional or were only needed for testing, so I believe we should be fine
here at the moment. httpcomponents-client5 also needed a newer version of
libehcache-java. We still use the 2.x version for a couple of reverse-
dependencies including the older httpcomponents-client. I don't know if it
makes sense to create a new libehcache3-java package or if we should try to
upgrade the r-deps. For now I've opted for removing one class but this one is
probably not optional and should be fixed in the future.

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://www.conscrypt.org/
[2] https://github.com/ReactiveX/RxJava