Re: No CI/CD settings in packages of Debian Java team?

Hi Emmanuel,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 09:41:11PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> > Is there any good reason for this setting?
>
> When Salsa was set up we were instructed no to overuse the CI system, I
> don't know how this has evolved now.

As far as I know this has settled now.

> Personally I think this isn't very useful, it's more a waste of
> resources since I've already built the packages locally before pushing
> the changes to Salsa. In an era of digital sobriety I prefer to keep it
> turned off.

Fair enough.  I admit I do not run all tests done by Salsa-CI (for
instance I do not run piuparts and reproducibility test) and I also
learned that when running autopkgtest in my pbuilder chroot the results
can be different from debci and salsa-ci (since the pbuilder hook I'm
using is running as root which is wrong but does its job in the waste
majority of cases).  So I learned that salsa-ci is helpful for my
workflow.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--