Re: jTDS driver horribly out of date

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:55:59PM +0000, Ryan Morillo wrote:
> Hi guys,
> The jTDS driver has been at version 1.3.1 for a few years and we still
> have 1.2.5 in the testing repo (libjtds-java) Can we get the newer
> version packaged up and included?
> The biggest benefit is it makes it possible to connect to MS SQL Server
> (TSQL) on a windows domain successfully.
> The link is here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/1.3.1/

Its probably a very good idea to file a bug report against this package
severity wishlist with subject "New version available".

> If we just need someone to put the package stuff around it to make it
> work I can write it up, but the complexities of version matching and
> stuff are a little beyond my skill set.

May be you can provide a patch which increases the chances that this
bug will be fixed.

Unfortunately its to late for Buster (and I agree its a shame).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de