Re: Import git repo from alioth to salsa

Hi tony,

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 10:00:58AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > I'd suggest deleting the migrated repositories so that DSA doesn't
> > have to store a copy of them in the alioth archive forever.

in fact we were *requested* to do so by DSA, so we SHOULD comply.

> appropriately for follow-ups, but do you know whether there is any plan
> for a redirect host/service for the alioth repos?  The BTS is full of
> links commits in Alioth, so the migration will leave all of these links
> broken.

As far as I’m informed, due to the massively different structure
of GitLab, such a service cannot be provided with reasonable or
even somewhat unreasonable effort, and there *were* tons of URL
redirection layers already anyway, so they decided on a clean cut.

I’m afraid you will have to somehow change all these URLs in the
place where they’re written.

Disclaimer: I’m not happy with the entire move either (in fact,
I’ve moved my not otherwise maintained repos to another FusionForge
instance instead of to Salsa), just informing about what I seem to
recall we were told.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general