Re: Security issue in groovy<2.5.0

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:01 AM, 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan wrote:

> Changing the maintainer to Debian QA Group does not seem incorrect to me.

Unfortunately orphaning packages tends to attract deletionists, so you
have to be vigilant to ensure the package doesn't get removed from
Debian entirely. If no-one on the Java team cares about it, maybe just
removing it is fine though.

> However, I'm curious about the situation when someone wants to upload a simple change to an orphaned package. Do people refrain from it or they simply do a non-maintainer upload?

They do a QA upload:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#nmu-qa-upload

--
bye,