Re: Stretch Roadmap

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:36 Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:

On 24.04.2015 12:55, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to share my goals for the next release, feel free to comment
> and add yours as well so we can coordinate our efforts on the
> overlapping topics.

Hi,

my personal goals for Stretch are:

* Keep all my packages which I introduced to the team up-to-date and in
  good shape.
* Support newcomers who want to contribute to this team.
  - e.g. Google Summer of Code students who want to improve the Android
    SDK stack
* Improve the documentation about packaging Java software for Debian.
  (wiki.debian.org)
* Complete the OSGi / Felix transition. (all packages are ready in Git
  or experimental)

* Update Eclipse. The latest version of Eclipse would be
  nice. It should be easier to make contributions.

* Fix RC bugs in all packages as time permits.

So far

Markus

If I find the time I'd like to:
- package neo4j
- get Azureus revived. I was awaiting a licence clarification from upstream but never got a response.
- get Scala up to date

Stephen