Re: Jessie release notes for the Java packages

Le 07/04/2015 22:11, tony mancill a écrit :
> I was going to mention androidsdk-tools as well, along with a few other
> new additions that seem noteworthy:
>
> swt4-gtk
> clojure1.6
> derby
> eclipse-linuxtools (major update)
> eclipse-ptp
> eclipse-wtp
> groovy2
> guava-libraries (major update)
> jackson-*
> resteasy
> tika

Thank you for these suggestions. I'm not sure the library upgrades are
worth mentioning, that's hardly perceptible from a user's point of view.
I'd rather focus on the main applications in the release notes, and we
may write a more detailed summary on the wiki.

I'm not familiar with the Eclipse ecosystem, are PTP and WTP standalone
tools or modules for the Eclipse IDE?

> But perhaps then it just ends up looking like a list.  The statistics
> suggested by Markus might be more compact.  (# of new, % updated, etc.)

Is there any script available to compile these statistics?

> We might also announce the removal of jboss.

The packaging was never completed and it hasn't been used, no need to
mention it I think.

Emmanuel Bourg