Re: Please help freeing libcolt-java

Am 23.02.2015 um 09:17 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:09:43AM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>>
>> In the meantime, I had forwarded the initial mail to our internal
>> developers’ mailing list (we a̲r̲e̲ an OSS company, and my coworkers
>> d̲o̲ deal in Java™, after all), and found someone who already looked
>> at it and, after I told him interfaces are not protected by copy‐
>> right law, may have a second look at this later; he said that, in‐
>> deed, replacing the missing parts is probably trivial (as long as
>> we don’t mind replacing some things in freehep too).

Hi *,

I am sorry to report that my own humble efforts in this matter just hit
a dead end: Not only does the colt public API depend on interfaces from
the hep.aida.bin packages, but those interfaces (BinFunction1D et al) do
them selfs depend on other *classes* in this package (DynamicBin1D),
effectively tying them to that particular implementation. I don't see
how we can get rid of this mess without rewriting those classes from
scratch. Unfortunately, I cannot tell which parts of the colt API are
actually used (I hardly understand what it is doing).

--lu