Re: signing .changes files for not-for-Debian packages (was Re: Openjdk-8 in Debian/backports?)

On 12/31/2014 12:19 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, tony mancill wrote:
>
>> I built them today using the method described above, and the .changes
>> file (openjdk-8_8u40~b09-1_amd64.changes) is signed with my Debian GPG key.
>
> If you do that, ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE LINE
>
> Otherwise, *everyone* could now upload these files to
> ftp-master, which would result in YOU signing for an
> (unauthorised) upload to Debian sid. With bad timing,
> you would not even realise that before the time for
> dcut passes. Big shit.

Hi Thorsten,

This is definitely a concern in the general case - thank you for
explaining it clearly.  I like the idea of using "myppa" or similar,
since this is just for convenience.

In this specific case, the same version I built has already been
uploaded and accepted into the archive [1] and so cannot be accepted
again.  Nonetheless, I'll delete the .changes file.

Thank you,
tony

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openjdk-8/news/20141014T120710Z.html