Re: RFS: libjchart2d-java 3.2.2+dfsg-1 [ITP]

Hi Achim,

On 23.10.2014 06:10, tony mancill wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 06:32 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:
[...]
> Hi Markus,
>
> Things look pretty good with this package.  There are a total of (3)
> files that don't carry a license, and all of them are by the same
> upstream author except for this one:
>
> ./jchart2d/src/info/monitorenter/gui/chart/demos/VerticalStackedChartsWithParametricSpirals.java
>
> which is possibly by another author:
>
>> /**
>>  * Two charts aligned vertically (via
>>  * {@link Chart2D#setSynchronizedXStartChart(Chart2D)}) that display geometric
>>  * forms backed by mathematics I do not understand (any more) ;-) .
>>  * <p>
>>  *
>>  *
>>  * @author Jason S, modified by Achim Westermann
>>  *
>>  */
>
> If you have contact with the upstream author, perhaps you could ask for
> clarification?  This will probably come up during the NEW queue processing.

we are in the final phase of packaging JChart2D for Debian and we have
reviewed the copyright. All of your files appear to be licensed under
LGPL-2.1 (or later). Three files don't carry a license header currently.
I assumed that they were also licensed under LGPL-2.1 since you are
listed as the author in those files. However

VerticalStackedChartsWithParametricSpirals.java

mentions also a Jason S. and that you modified the file. Could you
clarify what license applies to those files?

jchart2d/src/AffineTransformBug.java

jchart2d/src/info/monitorenter/gui/chart/demos/VerticalStackedChartsWithParametricSpirals.java

jchart2d/test/info/monitorenter/gui/chart/TestChartOperationsVisual.java

Thank you,

Markus