Re: RFS: libjchart2d-java 3.2.2+dfsg-1 [ITP]

On 10/13/2014 06:32 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have packaged JChart2D, a library for precise 2D charting visualizations and
> I am looking for a sponsor who can upload the package.
>
> JChart2D is a new dependency of MediathekView 8 and closes ITP bug #626243.
>
> The source package is maintained at:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/libjchart2d-java.git
>
> and consists of two binary packages
>
> libjchart2d-java and libjchart2d-java-doc

Hi Markus,

Things look pretty good with this package.  There are a total of (3)
files that don't carry a license, and all of them are by the same
upstream author except for this one:

./jchart2d/src/info/monitorenter/gui/chart/demos/VerticalStackedChartsWithParametricSpirals.java

which is possibly by another author:

> /**
>  * Two charts aligned vertically (via
>  * {@link Chart2D#setSynchronizedXStartChart(Chart2D)}) that display geometric
>  * forms backed by mathematics I do not understand (any more) ;-) .
>  * <p>
>  *
>  *
>  * @author Jason S, modified by Achim Westermann
>  *
>  */

If you have contact with the upstream author, perhaps you could ask for
clarification?  This will probably come up during the NEW queue processing.

Cheers,
tony