Re: uscan and d/copyright File-Excluded (was: RFS: testng/6.8.8-2)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 01:24:17PM +0300, Eugene Zhukov wrote:

> I was just trying out new uscan enhancement [0], which either doesn't
> work or I was doing something wrong.
> Anyway, I'm back to orig-tar.sh, minified jquery stripped, lintian
> error is gone.

Hi Eugene,

I still see the lintian error. The changes on the orig-tar.sh are
OK but they are going to be in effect the next time a new upstream
release or a source repack is done.

You still need to handle the error.

I don't know if I'm overlooking the options available for this:

* Repack the source. (IMO, not worth right now but convenient on future new releases).
* Include jquery.js complete source code (I don't agree, needless code duplication).
* Override the error.

For reference, there was a discussion about this on debian-devel this week:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/04/msg00640.html.

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at
http://db.debian.org/fetchkey.cgi?fingerprint=4CB7FE1E280ECC90F29A597E6E608B637D8967E9