Re: openjdk-8 as a default-jdk,jre in jessie [Was Re: openjdk-8 package available for review]

I also think that having OpenJDK 8 as the default would be preferable.
However fixing 80+ FTBFS bugs in time might be quite of a feat depending
on the type of the problem. I suggest to file bug reports for all those
bugs first. Severity important seems to be reasonable at the beginning.
If it turns out that the progress is going well and the release goal
appears to be doable, we can always raise the severity to serious.

What do you think about usertags like

User: pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
Usertags: openjdk-8-transition

Regards,