Re: cofoja vs libcofoja-java

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 08:40:43AM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> > BTW, is there some policy to name Java source packages?  I personally
> > prefer the same source name as the binary name (as Diane did).
>
> There is a policy for the name of the binary packages, but nothing for
> the source packages. I personnaly prefer keeping the unmodified upstream
> name for the source package, that makes the packages overviews clearer
> to me.

So if there are Debian Java team members who have some preference why
not recommending this in a policy document?  For people who are seldomly
touching Java packages strict rules would be simply helpful.

> Whatever you do could you please keep the surviving package under
> pkg-java? I'll have to update it soon because it fails to compile with
> Java 8.

I guess Diane would be fine with Debian Java team and considering that
moving the work from Diane in Debian Med to Debian Java might be more
effort than simply updating the Debian Java package with Dianes work, I
wonder whether Olivier would just bump the version, take over the diff
and we drop the package from Debian Med.  Or even more simple: Emmanuel,
if you would need to touch the package anyway just do your changes and
we ask for removal of Dianes package.

What about this?

Kind regards

       Andreas.